Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Book Review: the Seraph Seal

The Seraph SealThe Seraph Seal by Leonard Sweet

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I had high expectations for this book, as I was expecting a Da Vinci Code type thriller and it really wasn't.  The premise seemed great; the world is falling apart and the main character recieves clues through letters and historical artifacts towards some climactic final. However, the writing felt a little dry and I never really felt connected to the characters. There was a lot of science-y information and it really jumped around a lot- I could never remember if I was supposed to know a character or if they were a new one thrown in there to support what was happening in the story. It took me a long time to read this one (and I'm a fast reader!) because I just never felt invested in the story. I don't think I would recommend this one, and doubt I'd read it again, unfortunately.

I recieved a copy for free for review from the publisher.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. While I don't believe the world will end on a specific date it will happen one day, and there are certain things in this novel that we already have present in our current time. But I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoy apocalyptic novels. It will keep you turning the pages, and there are many points in this novel where I found it hard to put down. While enjoying this book I also learned quite a bit, and I would recommend it if you are interested in this type of novel.

    ReplyDelete