Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Child size runarund bag!

As those few of you who look at this blog (or my Monkeyshiners facebook page) might know, I have a thing right now for Noodlehead's Runaround Bags.

Case in point:

The newest one...I LOVE this one... but its a gift...



I've been wanting to try to make a mini bag for my 3 year old, and needed a birthday present for an upcoming party, so I had an excuse to move it to the top of the TO SEW list...



I kept it simple:  I didn't bother with interfacing, used the exterior body pattern for both pieces so both sides have a pleat, and its completely reversible. 
The perfect size for a child and still big enough she can help carry a few of her toys!

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! what an adorable array of runaround bags! they look great. and I especially love the child size version. I thought about making a smaller one for my girls, but that's all as far as I got *thought*. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!! If my daughter and her friend saw these, I'd be making them out of every fabric in my stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to sewing but found this bag to be very straightforward. My first zipper and bias tape went remarkably smoothly with these instructions. I was wondering if you have any tips for making it smaller. Did you just eye-ball it, or was there a method to your measurements?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i just scaled it down when i printed the pattern... maybe 75 or 50%? i can't remember anymore... you can eyeball it when you print, just remember you will lose a bit from sewing your seams. good luck!

      Delete