Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ipod Touch Portfolio Case

My Christmas present this year was an Ipod touch (I needed a nice calendar... nice excuse, no?!); generally we wouldn't spend this much but I figured it was my turn for a big purchase after all my husband's video game systems! I wanted a case that would protect the screen (the screen protector that came with my soft case is about as useful as a piece of saran wrap!), and decided to try to come up with a portfolio type case. And came up with this:

My case closes snuggly with velcro; Version 2 will probably have a button or some kind of decoration.

I like that i can use it any functions without taking it out of the case-even headphones!  V.2 will have the tab and elastic on both ends to hold it in (made a bit larger so it fits better). Also the entire case needs to be a bit bigger, especially cause I really wanted my stylus to fit.  I made a little pocket on the left side to tuck in what ever small item I may need: note, cash, credit card, etc.

The tab allows access to the headphone jack easily; in v.2 the power/sleep button will be more accessible as well.
 So as noted, Version 2 will be here sometime (and possible a tutorial, or a few for the Monkeyshiners shop if anyone is interested) with some changes, but I'm pretty happy for a first shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment