Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Book Review - The Questions Christians Hope No One Will Ask

I recieved a copy of Mark Mittelberg's The Questions Christians Hope No One Will Ask from Tyndale. It is a pretty good book for someone who frequently (or at any frequency!) gets into discussions with others about Christianity and faith.  He tackles some of the BIG questions, like "How could a good God allow so much evil, pain, and suffering--or does he simply not care?" He discusses subjects like abortion, homosexuality, and hypocrisy. I felt that he treated these issues respectfully and tactfully. He explains the evidence and arguments, and then gives a simple summary of the chapter at the end, along with tips for talking about the issue and questions for group discussion.  It would be an excellent book, both for personal growth in understanding these issues, as well as preparation for discussion with others, both on one's own, or in a group setting. I would recommend reading it and felt he had excellent answers to these questions that helped me in understanding them for myself! And now I also have a reference for when God puts others in my path!

Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment