Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Book Review: Your Heart's Desire and Building Family Ties


Your Heart's Desire: 14 Truths That Will Forever Change the Way You Love and Are LovedYour Heart's Desire: 14 Truths That Will Forever Change the Way You Love and Are Loved by Sheri Rose Shepherd
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Your Heart's Desire by Sheri Rose Shepherd was an excellent book for Women at any point in their relationship. She discusses different themes of marriage and married life including a chapter on raising your son to be a man of God. Each chapter includes a related bible verse, a love letter "from our groom", a prayer, questions for small group discussion and a QR code that links to the authors thoughts on a related question. I really appreciated the author's writing style as she shared the ideas of the chapter intermingled with stories and examples from her own marriage and from the bible. She honestly shares from her own panful experiences. The ideas in the book really spoke to me personally as she discusses how we should respond when we aren't  happy with our husband's leadership and/or actions and how. We can lift up and support them instead of tearing them down. I also liked that at the end of the book she shares "chapter highlights to hold on to" and summarizes very briefly the main point of each chapter. I think this is an excellent book for married women as well as for singles as they prepare for their future relationship.


I received this book from the publisher in return for my honest review.


View all my reviews


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Building Family Ties with Faith, Love and Laughter by Dave Stone is another excellent book. This one focuses on helping your family to become a strong, joyful example of Christ in our family life. It's another book with simple useful tips that we all need reminded of along with real life examples from his on family. He discusses being joyful as a family, serving, filling your home with laughter, loyalty, etc. I really appreciated his chapter on loyalty, on teaching the family that what happens at home stays at home and that we should have each others backs. It's so easy to over-share with friends and laugh at our siblings (or parents!) instead of keeping it in the family and supporting and watching out for each other. I would recommend this book as one parents should keep handy and refer to frequently!

I received this book from the publisher in return for my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment