Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Book Review, Amish Fiction


Though Mountains FallThough Mountains Fall by Dale Cramer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is what I'm guessing is the final book in the series. I was teary through probably 75% of the book. The author makes the characters and their struggles very real, and I like that he lets you peek into so many of the characters, not just 1 or 2 main characters.  He shows a lot from the daughters' point of view, but their father's experience and struggles are a big part of the story as well.  I don't read a lot of Amish fiction, but this does have quite a different spin on it as the Amish families have settled in Mexico. It's very interested how they deal with different aspects of the culture and difficulties they have there.  And frustrating as well in certain situations- even having grown up as a Pacifist Mennonite, I was so frustrated as they punished a young man for protecting a young Amish woman from what would have surely been a beating and rape at the least.  I enjoyed all three of this series and would recommend them to lovers of Amish fiction and newbies alike.

I recieved a copy of this book from the publisher for my honest review.    

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment