Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Book Review: The Realms Thereunder

The Realms Thereunder: An Ancient EarthThe Realms Thereunder: An Ancient Earth by Ross Lawhead

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I enjoyed the reading of this book but was left very dissatisfied at the end.  It tells the adventures of the two main characters, both in the present and in the past when they were taken into a secret underground world and asked to search for, and kill, an evil man whose aim is (of course) to take over the underground.  The adventure and process is a good read, but the ending seemed to be the middle of the book- I was shocked when i realized I'd just read the last page! There is a sequel, which I haven't read, but it really seemed like they took a book and split it into two.  There was really nothing accomplished to make you satisfied with the first book.  If you have access to the sequel as well, I'd recommend them (though as stated, I haven't read the sequel) but if you don't, then I would not recommend reading this one as you'll be left hanging.
I recieved a copy of this book from Booksneeze for review.



View all my reviews

1 comment: