I thought I'd share the re-birth of our $2 yard sale find foam chair! IT was the ugliest little thing; dirty purple fleece with a huge Barney on it. But thanks to its lovely square lines, it was simple to re-cover and here is the "new" chair!
I didn't take any pictures of the "before" or of the process... maybe next time (i hope i find another to do a "girly" one for L!).
But the "simple" description if anyone is wanting to try it: I took the old cover off, and measured and drew it out on graph paper. (If you try it, don't forget to add a seam allowance to your measurements!) The back, front backrest, seat and then to the floor are all one piece; The armrests (both sides and top) are another peice each. and then there are long skinny pieces that go down the sides of the backrest and the fronts of the arms. I sewed, then put it on the chair and pinned when I needed to see where peices fit on. I left a couple extra inches at the bottom all the way around, and then sewed around with Fold over Elastic (FOE- a diaper making elastic). That is where I goofed, because I was too lazy to put the almost completed cover on to see how it fit on the bottom. So its a bit make-shift but it works and looks adorable if I do say so myself!
It's not a hard project and doesn't take a great sewer to complete,
so don't shy away from those icky yard sale finds!