Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Book Review of The Last Summit

The Final Summit: A Quest to Find the One Principle That Will Save HumanityThe Final Summit: A Quest to Find the One Principle That Will Save Humanity by Andy Andrews

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book had a very interesting premise- That there are travelers sent through time to learn the Seven Decisions for Success. This is actually a sequel (I'm under the impression that the first book dealt with the main character David Ponder's travels). In this book, Ponder is chosen to head up a meeting of all the Travelers to help save the fate of the world. The Travelers must find the correct 2 word answer that is the solution to saving humanity from destroying itself (in only 5 tries no less!)



I did enjoy the conversations between Ponder and the famous travelers (Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln, etc) and was an interesting way to learn some stories of historical characters with whom I was not familiar. I did feel that the end was a bit anti-climactic. But it was an enjoyable read. I'd be interested in reading the first book!



I recieved a free copy of this book from Thomas Nelson Publishing for review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment