Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pattern Testing: Georgia Twirl Dress

I did snag a pattern test for L in this last batch, the Georgia Twirl Dress. This is the last of my pattern tests for Shwin & Shwin for this round.  The pattern includes both top length and dress length.
Photo by Shwin & Shwin
Here's L's:

This is such a simple and cute pattern.  Its hard to tell, but the entire thing is a wrap, the skirt is split down the back as well, so it is SO simple to get on.  The two buttons hold it together and the full circle skirt wraps over itself enough that there's no panty views!  Always a good thing...


 She includes an option to make it fully reversible by making the two skirts the same length or using a fabric with no wrong side for the underskirt. Everything is very well constructed and the seams are all hidden. 

The bodice construction above makes this so simple to put together. No armholes to hem and sew, just the slightly curved pieces that overlap.  


I actually meant to follow Shauna's lead and have the top skirt and bodice match, but I accidently cut the bottom layer as the longer one, and didn't have enough fabric of the smaller print anyway.  I'm ok with it, I like the way it turned out and still coordinates together.  

And speaking of fabric, this is the first one in a while I didn't upcycle!  I actually won a fabric giveaway and had picked this out to do something for myself... oh well. It look so cute on her, i can't really complain!

This pattern goes from 12-18 months to 8 years old, so still tons of usage!  Several options included and you could even take the layers even shorter if you like the peplum look... 

I believe this is my last pattern test to blog... finally!  So we'll see what comes off the machine next!  I have quite a list/pile in my sewing room/dining room... The first ones will probably be practical projects before I get to more clothes, sale stuff, or other fun things...

No comments:

Post a Comment