Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

New! Book "reviews"


I very much enjoy reading and somehow seem to find time (sometimes when I should be doing other things related to my last post!). I’ve always loved it and have absolutely NO idea how many books I’ve read in my lifetime. I thought it would be interesting to keep track of that and also share some books some of you may enjoy as well. I have a very eclectic taste in books so you’ll hear about all kinds… I’m not a literary critic though, so I’m basically just going to be giving a quickie overview and my very brief thoughts!

 

Currently, I’m enjoying fantasy and have enjoyed series by Jim Butcher. The Dresden Files are what I would call Harry Potter for adults! And his Codex Alera series is more on the fantasy end of the spectrum; I enjoyed both series equally and wished for more when I finished them! So when I finished them, I looked for more fantasy books. I just finished the last three books in the Sword of Truth  series by Terry Goodkind (Chainfire, Phantom, Confessor). These are quite long books and there are 12 in the entire series. I picked up somewhat towards the end and would love to go back and start at the beginning; unfortunately, our library does not have all of them, so I may have to look elsewhere. As I said, though, they are long books; it has a “Lord of the Rings” feel times 20! You get to the end and feel there has to be more! It’s a very epic “save the world” kind of series. I didn’t feel confused by not starting at the beginning, but am definitely interested at reading more to understand how it all came to be. So don’t let it dissuade you if your library doesn’t have them all either.

 

If you’ve read any of these series, I’d love to hear your comments! Or questions if you haven’t (help me hone my book reviewing skills!). And I’m always looking for more books for my list, so what are you reading?



No comments:

Post a Comment