Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Book review: Going Deep

Going Deep: Becoming A Person of InfluenceGoing Deep: Becoming A Person of Influence by Gordon MacDonald

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I liked this book quite a bit. It describes an example of a process by which churches can help to cultivate "deep" people, future leaders in the church and community.  The neat thing is the way the author presents it, as a story, a fictionalized account of one church's journey through the process. It was so easy to read while still presenting valuable information and ideas. I think this book has great value to both individuals and church groups. When reading it solo, one can follow along on the journey and pick up on themes and ways to deepen one's faith. It is not focused towards the individual though, rather I think its main audience is meant to be church leaders who might wish to implement a similar process in their own church. I love the idea of such discipleship and think it would be amazing if more churches attempted such a focused plan!



I received a copy of this book for review from the publisher for review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment