Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Book Review: Bible Stories for His Beautiful Princess

We got the book Bible Stories for His Beautiful Princess by Sheri Rose Shepherd from Tyndale House Publishers for review.  Its a very sweet book full of simple stories and colorful pictures. Each chapter includes the bible story, a  one sentence "Princess Prayer", and a "Princess Jewel" which is kind of a thought for the day.  I got it for my 6 year old kindergartner, and as an advanced reader, she can read this with no problem.  For us to read together though, it is well below her level. I'd suggested it for a 2-5 year old.  The stories are very short and simple, 2 pages of large print and lots of margin; I'd guess maybe 60 words and a bible verse.  I think they are well written for a younger child, and my daughter loved the princess theme.  When I asked her what she liked about it, she said the Princess Prayer and Princess Jewel.  As I said, I'd recommend this for girls from 2-5. It's a nice hardbacked, slightly padded cover and and heavier weight pages, perfect for these younger ages learning to care for books.

We got a copy of this book from Tyndale House Publishers in return for our honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment