Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pattern Testing: Rigby Polo

Another pattern I tested for Shwin & Shwin was the Rigby Polo.
Photo by Shwin & Shwin


This pattern is for wovens and I almost didn't test it, but I'm so glad I did.  The color blocking on the sleeves and pocket is so cute!



I added snaps to this after this photo (you can do buttons as well), and it can be worn open or closed.  This shirt was upcycled from a skirt (the plaid), and a pair of pants (that I had leftover from cutting out pants for E!).   


E really didn't NEED this top, since its short sleeved but I made it work by adding armwarmers (made from the Anytime at All Tee pattern!



They are super simple, I just made it a bit slimmer and cut the top arm band the exact size of his upper arm.  I think for a more active kid an even smaller band or some elastic might be needed...  Now E's wardrobe is much bigger since he can wear all of those short sleeve shirts he has!  I'll definitely be whipping up a few more pairs of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment